Friday, December 26, 2014

A handmade gift for a guy

I love making gifts for people but I have to admit sometimes creating a gift for a guy can be difficult. When I come across an idea I jump on it.  I have been wanting to make something for my brother for awhile now. The problem was I just could not decide what to make. 
 
I decided to scroll through Pinterest and see what I could come with. Although there was a lot of great ideas, nothing spoke to me. Then I decided to do a search looking for DIY plumbing crafts (he is a plumber after all). That was the key!!
 
I found this pin and it spoke to me!! I headed off to my favorite antiques/jack of all store (Jellison Trader's). There I was able to find the board and knobs. I was stuck on how to attach the knobs to the board. Then I decide that a trip to Home Depot was in order. After much help and discussion (I love when have to explain the use of something other than the original purpose), I settled on bolts, washers and nuts.
 
All my need supplies
 
  With all my supplies gathered I set to work. I spaced the knobs out on the board and marked where I wanted them. Then I drilled the holes, attached the blots. I placed one nut below the knob and one on the top (to keep the knob from sliding down or off). The two holes that were already in the board I left for attaching the coat rack to the wall.
 
Here's my version.....
 
 
 
 
What do you think????

2 comments:

  1. Love this idea, will need to make it for Father's day. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it Marieanne! It's a great project and really easy too! Hope he likes it.

      Delete