Monday, January 5, 2015

Miter box and Saw

I got a new toy for Christmas from Jeff and the girls.
It wasn't something I asked for or even thought I wanted.
With that said I love it!
Want to know what it is??????

I got 12" miter box and saw from Home Depot.


 I could not wait to try it out.
 


 Because this is a 12" box and my wood obviously is not,
I clamp the wood to the box to keep it secure.
This worked great (and saved my fingers).
 
I loved how the slits in the box kept the saw in place.
 

Each cut was straight!
 
 
The other thing I did was attach the box
to a scrap piece of  2 x 4.
I don't like things permanently attached to my workbench.
By attaching it to the 2 x 4, I am able to secure the box with my clamps.
 
I like not having to use the chop saw all the time now.
I can make quick cuts while the family is sleeping,
something I could not do before.
Another, great benefit is my arms are getting stronger.
 
I can see myself definitely using this a lot!
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment