Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Another way to repurpose an old window

Have a thing about an old window. When I find one I have a hard time leaving it behind. There are just so many ways to repurpose a window. A few weeks ago at Jellison Trader's (my favorite store, really) there was one that I really liked, so it came home with me.

It really was the best thing for the window and myself. The window is getting a new life and I don't have to keep thinking I should of bought it. See it's a win-win. I have been wanting inspiration board of some type to hang in my craft room for a while. This window is going to fulfill that want.

 
I wanted a mirror in the middle and chicken wire on each side (sort like this one I did). The first step I did was to remove the glass and paint the frame. Once that was done it was time to tackle the mirror.Mirror glass can be expensive when you need to purchase a specific size. Luckily I had taken a stained glass course many years ago and can cut my own glass. Purchasing glass at a glass shop off the rack can still be pricey. In order to save money I purchase a full length mirror ( sorta like this) when I need it.

The frames on the mirrors are really flimsy, making them easy to take apart. When I bought the one for a side of the frame had already fallen off (I was able to get a discount and paid less than $3) and the rest fell off before I even got home. When I got home all I had left to do was to measure the panel opening and cut the mirror.


 
I use liquid nails on any mirror project. I have done many and I have never had a problem with it not holding.
 
Although you have to be careful not to get it all over your fingers or you end up with fingerprints all over the mirror.
When this happens use a razor blade to scrape it off
 
Once the mirror had dried, I attached the chicken wire using my staple gun.
 
Love this thing!
It hooks up to air compressor and never gives me any trouble
 
All that was to hang it up and enjoy it. Which is exactly what I did!
 
Sorry for the clutter in the mirror, just keeping it real


 
This is definitely my favorite window redo so far! What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment