Friday, January 9, 2015

A pallet sign

I have seen a lot of pallet signs lately.
Even though I really like them, I have hesitated to make them.
I don't have a fancy machine to make my stencils or vinyl decals.
 
Then I realized that I should try to make my own stencil.
I figured one of two things could happen.
I might ruin a some wood I got for free
or
I might make a really great sign.
 
So I gave it a try.
 
I searched for an image that I could use as a template.
I printed out one that I thought would work and traced it on to some left over contact paper.
After it was cut out, I stuck it on the sign I had made.
 
Then I painted over it.
 
 Once the paint was dry, I removed the stencil.

I could of stopped there but I wanted it look a bit older.
So I grabbed the sander and ended up with this.
 
I don't think I did to bad for making my own decal.
What do you think?
 
 
I apologise for the picture quality. I made this before deciding to blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment