Thursday, January 15, 2015

The project that started it all.......


 
Here's the story of how my adventure in building began.......
 
It was Thanksgiving of 2013, the family and I were studying all the black Friday sales (who doesn't).
 
When my then 4 year old daughter says " Mom...Greenie (our cat who's real name is Greenfella)needs this"
and points to a very small, flimsy cat tower for a whooping
$70
at on of the pet stores.
I say "Not for that price, I can make one cheaper than that."
 
At this point I have no idea how to use power tools or even the slightest idea how to build such a thing.  Like any good DIY'er, I went to my best friend Pinterest and starting looking for a tutorial. I found many inspirational pictures but no how-to's. At this point I am determined, so I get some paper, a pencil and draw a rough idea of what I want.
 
Once I came up with my "plans" I approached my husband. To ask what I might need for wood. He gave me his advice, never truly believing I would undertake such a project (he should of known better). The next day the girls and set out to Home Depot on our own.
 
Once we got home I made asked my husband to show me how to use his tools. After a quick how-to from him, followed by a very firm I was doing it on my own. I set out to build. Now remind you this was last year well before I even thought about blogging. I did however, take pictures of the various steps to share with family along the way.
 
Now I will share them with you......


 

 







 
 
I can't even tell you how proud of this I am. Not only was it my first building project, it was my very own design. Is it perfect, heck no but Greenie didn't mind. The best part I built it for less that $60. Now remember the one that started this whole adventure was $60. However, that one wasn't even half the size of this one.
 
A year later Greenie still uses it daily. I call that a DIY win!!!
 
 
What project started you out??

No comments:

Post a Comment