Sunday, January 10, 2016

DIY Doll Closet/Vanity

My youngest loves her dolls! She loves playing with them, combing their hair and dressing them. Because of this, she also has a LOT of clothes. Clothes that I find everywhere, except for that shirt she just has to have and then I have to look everywhere for it! Hopefully, this DIY doll closet/vanity will help both from happening anymore. You notice I said hopefully!


This was a really quick and easy project. Sadly, I didn't take any pictures while doing it. So I will just tell you what I did.



I used this wood crate for the closet and spray painted it white. The rod is a half inch dowel that I cut to fit and spray painted. I attached it to the crate using gorilla wood glue and a brad nailer. I cut the bottom shelf to fit, painted and attached it as I did the rod. The green buckets I found at the dollar store (originally I had two yellow buckets that I spray painted to match but they started to flake off after a day of use. So that little diy experiment was a big fail).



The vanity was really simply as well. I used scrap wood for the desk. I spray painted it to match the rod and attached it just like everything else. The mirror is $1 wood frame I found at a local craft store and spray painted. I had some scrap mirror left over from another project that I cut to fit. I used gorilla glue to attach the mirror to the frame. The seat is a little wood crate I found at Target in the dollar bin section by chance. I glued a scrap piece of wood to the back, spray painted it and was done!


Even McKenna wears mismatched socks

I think McKenna approves!



 I almost forgot.....
My youngest picked out the color.
With my OCD I would of never selected a different color from the closet.
I made this rack because even the dolls in our house have a shoe problem!


If you want to make your own and have any questions, just let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment