Sunday, February 21, 2016

One thing leads to another....

When I saw this truck shelf by That's My Letter floating around all over social media at Christmas time, I knew I wanted to make it. Being a mom to two girls however meant I really didn't build trucks (or so I thought).


A few weeks ago, I was over taken with the building bug! It was a lazy Sunday and I just wanted to be building. As luck would have it, my nephew was turning 3 that week. Down to my work shop I went, I grabbed my plans and dug around in my scrap pile (because I used scraps, I had to modify the plans to fit what I had). 


And built this handsome fella!




The following Saturday we headed to his party. He opened his truck and set out to play with it. Sadly, this truck isn't a toy (the wheels are only on the front and do not turn) and he wasn't feeling it. Not wanting to disappoint the birthday boy, I promised to make a truck that he could play with and that I did!




Now here's the problem, my quality control checker (aka youngest) doesn't seem to want to give it up.




And now I am in the process of not only building another truck but a trailer to hitch on to it. According to my quality control inspector there isn't enough room for all her stuffies.

See how one thing leads to another and another.........



No comments:

Post a Comment